Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy with pellets, offers a unique, integrated approach to hormone balance and optimum health. Pellet therapy involves injecting a prescribed number of pellets under the skin. These tiny pellets contain hormones that closely resemble the existing hormones in your body—hence the name “bio-identical.”
Here are some important quick facts about hormone pellets from our partner Evexias:
- The pellets are made of hormones, specifically estradiol or testosterone, and are made by licensed pharmacists.
- Pellets are inserted in a quick and painless procedure that only requires local anesthesia.
- A small incision will be made in your hip or abdominal wall to insert the pellet.
- The effects of the pellets are not permanent, lasting 3-5 months for women and 5-6 months for men.
- Patients will need routine follow-up with their pellet provider to schedule future insertions, which keep your hormones in balance.